LATEST UPDATE: CLICK HERE FOR THE CITY’S PLAN TO REOPEN
FOR INFORMATION ON THE GOLF COURSE REOPENING: CLICK HERE
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The statewide Safer-at-Home Order is now in effect through April 30. As part of the Order, Governor DeSantis is advising seniors and at-risk Floridians to stay at home and take all measures to limit exposure. All other citizens shall limit outside activity to only essential trips and interaction. Individuals are also being encouraged to work from home whenever possible. Please note: essential activities do not include social gatherings in public spaces. To read all of the Governor’s Executive Orders related to COVID-19, visit: https://www.flgov.com/covid-19/
CITY UPDATES & CLOSURES DUE TO COVID-19
- On March 17, 2020, the City Council adopted Resolution 2020-04 declaring a state of local emergency.
- City staff is attending the daily 11:15 a.m. statewide conference calls
- Staff is providing information and updates on Facebook and the City website .
- The inside of all city buildings, including high-touch areas, have been cleaned and will undergo daily cleanings.
- All public and private events on City property have been canceled. We encourage event organizers to follow the Department of Health’s guidance on social distancing. The information can be found here. The Planning and Zoning Board and the Historic Preservation Commission and the Special Master hearings have been cancelled until further notice.
- The City Council meeting for April 7 & April 14 has been cancelled.
- The Margaret Way Building is closed to the public for walk-in services until further notice. City staff will remain working and services will continue to operate during regular hours, M-F, 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. For questions or information call 863-494-4114. Please note, the City has a variety of ways to pay your bill: Online: https://arcadiafl.watersmart.com; Auto-pay by phone at: 833-378-4334; by mail: P.O. Box 1040, Arcadia, FL 34265; or at the City Drop Box at the Margaret Way Building.
- All City Parks are closed until further notice.
- Garbage service continues as normal until further notice.
- The Golf Course is closed to the public as mandated by Executive Order #20-91.
- All business regarding the purchase of cemetery plots or scheduling at Oak Ridge Cemetery is by appointment only, effective immediately. Call 494-4114 for an appointment.
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH DAILY UPDATES:
For more information, visit the state’s COVID-19 Dashboard: Florida’s COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard
For more information, visit, Florida Department of Health’s Coronavirus website
If you have COVID-19 symptoms and possible exposure: Call ahead to your primary care doctor before seeking treatment or traveling to any physician’s office, emergency department, hospital or urgent care center.
If you don’t have a primary care doctor, call DOH DeSoto (863) 491-7580 or Twin Rivers Medical Center (863) 494-8401
Florida Department of Health
24/7 State Hotline: (866) 779-6121
Florida Department of Health’s Coronavirus website
Florida’s COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard
CDC’s Coronavirus Disease website